Student Volunteer Program
Our Student Volunteer Program is geared toward middle and high school students,12-17 years of age, attempting to complete volunteer hours for a class assignment or for Bright Futures Scholarships.
Please note, volunteers 12-15 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/chaperone during all volunteer service with LCHS.
Student Volunteer's make up the vast majority of our Special Event, Adoption Booth and Community Outreach Volunteers because these events are almost, always held on a Saturday. LCHS' office hours (10:00AM- 5:00PM) often do not work well with student schedules, so those who are interested in volunteering as an AM or PM Kitty Care Volunteer generally do so over the summer.
If you are interested in this program, please fill out a Volunteer Application. If your application has been accepted, then the Community Engagement Coordinator will invite you to the next Orientation for the volunteer opporunity of your choice.
Have questions? Contact our Community Engagement Coordinator.
You can also submit a Volunteer Application via mail or in person.
Simply Download the .PDF version of the Student Volunteer Application and mail it to:
And of course, you can always bring the form into our office in person.
The School Choice Application is for:
- Over to Under Capacity – Any student assigned to a school that is over capacity may attend any school under capacity.
- Sibling Support – The sibling must be attending the school the same year as the requested reassignment.
- Grandfathering - The last 2 years of elementary, last year of middle, last year of high school or your current school is under capacity.
- McKay - McKay option is based on the availability of the program(s), services and classroom capacity. The student must have an Individual Education Plan (IEP) or Section 504 accommodation plan
The Hardship Application is for:
- When the student has a documented economic or medical condition and request to attend another school other than their home zoned school. Hardship exceptions shall be granted based upon a case-by-case review and school capacity availability at the requested school. Hardship applications are reviewed by the hardship committee on the second Thursday of each month. Please submit your application one week prior to the meeting.